- 1 What’s the Difference Between a Pressure Cooker and an Instant Pot?
- 2 What is an Instant pot?
- 3 Top 5 Instant Pot Models
- 4 How Instant Pot Works?
- 5 What is a Pressure Cooker?
- 6 Instant Pot vs Pressure Cookers: Which One You Should Buy
What’s the Difference Between a Pressure Cooker and an Instant Pot?
The main difference between a standard pressure cooker and the Instant Pot is it’s usability, technology, and control but the main difference is SAFETY.
In early times we have seen many incidents of Pressure cooker explosions (due to overpressure). The pressure cooker doesn’t have any latest technology which can auto control pressure.
While Instant Pot is designed with safety mechanisms that make it much safer to use. It comes with multiple functions unlike pressure cooker. Instant pot can replce 8-10 kitchen equipments like rice cooker, a yogurt maker, a steamer etc.
What is an Instant pot?
An Instant Pot is a programmable electric pressure cooker packaged full of functionality. It is the newest set of a production of pressure cooker unlike any other thing seen before.
It is mostly utilized as a pressure cooker as well as making the slowest cooker recipes. It is marketed as being a sole kitchen appliance that may possibly carry out the jobs of about 7-8 different devices.
You can use Inatapot as a rice cooker, a yogurt maker, a steamer, and also a pressure cooker all in one. Basically, it is said to be a pressure cooker that does the job perfectly.
Top 5 Instant Pot Models
|Instant Pot Duo60 8 Qt 7-in-1||7-in-1||3,6,8 Quart||1000W/120V~60Hz||14||Check Price|
|Instant Pot Ultra 6-Quart 10-in-1||10-in-1||3,6,8 Quart||1000W/120V~60Hz||16||Check Price|
|Instant Pot LUX80 8 Qt 6-in-1||6-in-1||3,6,8 Quart||1000W/120V~60Hz||12||Check Price|
|Instant Pot Smart Wifi 6 Qt 8-in-1||8-in-1||6 Quart||1000W/120V~60Hz||13||Check Price|
|Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1||7-in-1||3 Quart||700W / 120V~60Hz||11||Check Price|
How Instant Pot Works?
Instant Pot brand are certified via UL/ULC offering extraordinary rest of mind in protection. The range pressure cookers make use of the weight of pressure timer on the cover to bind the cooking pressure.
Instant Pot’s original pressure sensor mechanism controls the pressure inside the inner pot using an automatic and precise method. As pressure sets up inside the interior pot, the Flat Flexible Board moves downwards to set off the pressure sensor. On the other hand, as soon as the pressure is blanched, the Flat Flexible Board shifts upwards and subsequently sets off the pressure sensor. The pressure sensor manages the power of the heating component to retain the pressure in a fixed assortment. This mechanism transfigured the security of pressure cooking. Instant Pot also offers 10 phases of safety shields.
Features of an Instant Pot
1.) Lid Close Detection: Whenever the cap is not properly closed or missing, Instant Pot will never stimulate pressurized cooking. Just the sauté and keep-warm functions (in pertinent models only) may work without the lid being covered.
2) Leaky Lid Protection: If anyway the cooker lid is leaking (for instance, the steam release not properly closed, or the sealing ring not in place), the cooker would not get to its specific pressure level. This makes the chances of burnt food reduce. Instant Pot senses this by gauging the pre-heating point. If unusually the pre-heating is elongated, the programming would be changed to Keep-Warm to prevent the food from burning.
3) Lid Lock under Pressure: Whenever the cooker is yet pressurizing, the lid would be locked to avoid fortuitous opening.
4) Anti-blockage Vent: Throughout the cooking period Instant Pot has a uniquely controlled vent guard to avoid blocking the steam release.
5) Automatic Temperature Control: The thermostat beneath the inner pot standardizes the temperature of the interior pot to be in a protective range, rooted in the kind of food being prepared.
6) High-Temperature Warning: As soon as the cooker is running with no moisture or water inside, the pressure wouldn’t be set up inside the pot. Overheating turn out to be the most proficient results. Extreme temperature can increase due to conditions such as absent inner pot, interior pot not in suitable contact with the heating component, or interior pot having heat indulgence predication (for instance, overcooked starch at the base of the interior pot jamming heat indulgence). In such conditions, Instant Pot would stop heating as soon as the temperature is above a definite limit.
7) Extreme Temperature and Power Protection: Instant Pot is operational using a unique fuse which cuts off power at extremely high temperature, that is, 169oC ~ 172oC or 336oF ~ 341.6oF, and very high electrical oomph. A very high electrical oomph strained by the cooker shows a dangerous state.
8) Automatic Pressure Control: The original pressure sensor technology keeps the running pressure in the middle of 70kPa, or 10.12psi ~ 11.6psi.
9) Pressure Regulator Protection: Whenever the pressure passes (15.23psi) 105kPa, the steam release (similar to the pressure timer in range pressure cookers) would be pressed up to let the steam being dispatched to take down the pressure in the pot.
10) Excess Pressure Protection: As soon as the pressure goes high and the pressure timer protection failed, Instant Pot’s inner protection technology will start, moving the internal pot downwards to generate a breach between the cap and the internal pot. Heating will be stopped and steam would escape from the breach into the inner chamber.
Pros and Cons of an Instant Pot
What is a Pressure Cooker?
A pressure cooker is an airtight device for cooking and it cooks food very fast, because of the steam pressure that sets up internally. The steam in addition makes the cooked food moist and that is the reason why this gadget is just right for cheesecakes, meat stews, and many other cookable things.
The pressure cooker dates back as much as the 17th century. It was built as a steam digester which may possibly aid in diminishing cooking time. One craze is certainly, the most current pressure cooker looks very different from the initial pressure cooker which was built hundreds of decades ago.
Features of a Pressure Cooker
The pressure cooker has been a fundamental part of many kitchens for decades now. It offers convenience and ease to users with efficient and fast cooking. This kitchen appliance has been of awesome use to individuals in the kitchen since it relieves the user from the concerns of peeping into the can every 5 minutes to keep an eye on the dish.
The pressure cooker can even give out a sound as soon as it is time for the lid to be taken off. With the course of time, the pressure cooker has gone through several updates and innovation with the most current mechanisms. Thanks to new technology and mechanisms, pressure cooker this day are equipped with various latest features that assure better cooking, safety, and durability for users.
Talking about innovation in pressure cookers generally refers to updates within the most universal features, such as the lid locking systems, pressure indicators, as well as the seals. The features of pressure cooker include:
1.) Safety Cap Bolts: These are patented precautionary aspects of a pressure cooker. The safety bolts aid in avoiding any likely disasters. Having these bolts, the caps cannot be opened directly, so there’s no possibility of pressure evading from the can. In some varieties of a pressure cooker, there is an added safety cap bolt where the user will release the pressure manually from the can. They may release it as soon as the pressure plunges and then take off the cap. The cap won’t open until the bolt is released.
2) Pressure valves: Pressure cooker contains a pressure valves that make pressure cooker protected. These valves hold back any unnecessary sound and vibration throughout cooking time. Spring-loaded pressure valves, jiggle top indicators, as well as pop up indicators are types of pressure valves utilized in the latest pressure cooker.
3) Structure of pressure cooker: Aluminum containers and pots are a bit reactive to a dish cooked inside them. The pressure cooker is usually made of intense measure stainless steel which may possibly flout high-pressure cooking. One of the essential advantages of a pressure cooker is that it can accept a vast quantity of heat, unlike other kitchen appliances and in addition, it is very easy to clean and also some other models are also dishwasher safe.
4) Heat reinstating pressure release technologies: There are lots of pressure release technologies launched in a pressure cooker over the preceding years. In the times of yore, the cold water release technique was utilized, but at this present time, there is a quick-release technology where there’s no heat escape all through the pressure release. It aids to retain the temperature in the cooker and the dish continues to cook throughout the pressure release session. With this method, chefs and cooks can watch the food and even put ingredients while cooking.
5) Consistent Safety Technology: Previously, the pressure cooker was somehow a dangerous kitchen appliance and needed much care and direction for utility. This is one reason why it was not recommended for new users and amateurs. Furthermore, the latest pressure cooker is preset with various patented safety features that cause pressure cooking totally safe.
6) 3-ply encapsulated bottom: This latest pressure cooker has a 3-layered ply bottom that makes sure that the pressure cooker is uniformly heated. It prevents the possibility of generating a hotspot within the cooker. In addition, even heating significantly minimizes the quantity of heat needed for cooking. It no longer needs the stove to be adjusted daily. Finally, the dish is at a very lower chance of drying out and burning, especially the items that are in express contact with the bottom.
Pros and Cons of a Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot vs Pressure Cookers: Which One You Should Buy
Now we have seen the complete comparision with features of both. So now the main question is which one you should buy? To clear this we suggest you to make a detail list of notes and your requirements. Then, you should choose a model which is best suited as per your needs and budget. But if you ask us, we will surely recommend you to try INSTANT POT over PRESSURE COOKER!